ALL RIGHTS RESERVED by LAGENCIA BGA

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sewing dream


My last day of sewing class, and I feel so proud of all the things I learnt, and I realized it's just a matter to do it, so many years wanted to get into sewing and I don't know what kept me from following my dream, to do something I really like it.........I guess it all came when I told my father I wanted to get into fashion-school, and he said NO, you have to go to a university career, and it took a long time for my brain to click again and say YES!!!!!!! I'm going to do what I really like.
When I started my class I got bummed because I thought there were too many old ladies, and I realized with time going to these classes, they were women with strong wish to learn to do beautiful things and that is what it really matters. It has been an amazing experience.
This is my weekend bag I couldn't imagine I could sew something like this.

And this is my little gem it was a delicate project to sew. I wanted to work with this delicate fabric, and it was easier than I thought, I hand-stitched the black fabric to the blue so it wouldn't move, and I embroidery the flowers with black bits, and to add something cute to the purse I made the pendant and I don't have a strong thing for making jewelry but I like to know how to put things together . Now I'm just waiting somebody to invite me to a wedding to wear my cute little purse.

I made 3 belts. I made a black leather belt an these 2 all with fabric they are all made with just glue, no sewing machine at all. It is pretty easy the hardest thing was to cover the buckle with fabric, my fingers ended up full of glue.

I love doing the crochet flowers once you start you can not stop. I hope I remember again how to do all the stitches!!!!!!! I'm always afraid I'll forget.
This was my first project, my bag to keep my sewing stuff, and I love the black tassel strip it's so spanish I love it!!!!! I got tones of those in different colors that I want to apply in pillows and others.
Now that I learned all those things, I just hope I don't drop it, that I always find the time to make sewing projects, I don't know what it will come up from all this, if it's going to be just a hobby, or I'll be able to come up with something I can sell from the gallery, what ever it is I just enjoy sewing so much...........Life has brought me the opportunity to have everything I need to be creative and the freedom to be myself.
I LOVE illustrating and sewing.

1 comment:

Bruna said...

All of this stuff is amazing. You have such an eye for color and putting patterns together! You're a sewing and illustration star!!!!!!!!!!!
:)